MileStepper Features & Bugfix List
https://milestepper.com is a tool to plan outdoor adventures with friends, including gear tracking and food planning.
MileStepper is still under heavy development with frequent changes. As a result, we may introduce bugs from time to time.
Find a bug? Have an idea? Let us know! firstname.lastname@example.org
June 18th, 2017
Finally fixed the donate link on the PayPal page. Sorry for the delay!
March 26th, 2017
We had an issue with our cloud provider that hosts our assets, related to an updated SSL certificate. Some people ran into issues where the styles dropped off the page. Everything should be up to date and good to go now. Please let us know if you still see any lingering issues. Swipe down to reload!
December 24th, 2016
Merry Christmas fellow MileSteppers! Working on the road from a winter adventure to Montana, Wyoming and Idaho. We have a new version of expense sharing coming up and more work on the groups beta to show soon.
November 25th, 2016
Starting to catch up on emails, if you wrote in the past few weeks, I should get to it soon. Sorry again for the lag!
- [Login/Logout] Tracking down some errors with logins & logouts. Looks like chrome switched up how it is caching 301s. Also some brothers are not liking certain types of redirect. In some cases if you deleted an account, a bad redirect would get cached and you could never login again. Made some changes to tell it to not do that, let’s see how it goes.
November 10th, 2016
Still here, we swear! Haven’t had anything to post about in a bit, real life stepped in and both Steve and I had to divert our time a bit to handle our respective lives. In the meantime, I’ve been planning trips and running payments on them through MileStepper. We’d love to open the payments up more, but money makes it “real”, so we’re still hesitant to let that one loose. We’ve got a new feature list and bug tracker up, and are working on some new integrations. More to come!
August 13th, 2016
- [Adventures/Invites] Added user icons to invitation dialog when a user is selected, makes the dialog a little clearer
August 7th, 2016
- [Operations] We’re now using JIRA for bug/feature tracking and hopefully we are closer to having a feature board w/ voting. We can’t flat out open our jira to the public due to licensing/$ but we’re looking to integrate with the API and display a subset
- [Gear] Fixed bug with images being lost after adding an item from the master gear database (search -> save -> image gone)
- [Adventures/Discussion] Fixed a bug introduced on Friday causing the last 2 comments to be temporarily hidden if your adventure had more than 5 comments.
August 3rd, 2016
- [Global] Fixed non functioning logout button
- [Global] Fixed password reset screen, seems to break from time to time (sorry!)
- [Global] Fixed error redirect after creating a new account which made account registration look broken under certain conditions
July 31st, 2016
- [Adventures] Bug fix on the Complete Trip button in the slideout menu, it was not functional
July 29th, 2016
Sorry for the lull in updates, been busy busting ass on the new gig, but MileStepper is never forgotten!
- [Build] Did some work on the build system to make updates a little smoother
- [Gear/Closets] Delete closet button was missing, re-added it
- [Gear/Closets] Added : menu to easier manage closets from the list
June 17th, 2016
I just started my new job, so I was consumed with learning as much as possible there. I’m doing DevOps for a SaaS company, and a lot of the skills I’m picking up will transition very nicely to MileStepper.
- [Adventures/Cards] Fixed a bug with discussion edits not being saved due to a background error (Thanks for the bug report Greg S!
June 6th, 2016
- [Global/Speed] Added a header to our assets on Amazon S3/Cloudfront to improve cache response time, resulting in faster page loads
- [Gear/Speed] 10x speedup to packing speed in the gear closet (clicking on items)
- [Gear] Fixed a weight/text bug when switching between formats
- [Adventures/GPX Previews] Fixed metric not working, or working badly on GPS/GPX/KML/GeoJSON previews
June 1st, 2016
- [Adventures/Expenses] Doing some more work on trip payments and expenses. This is still not a public feature, but if you’re interested in helping us test it, just let us know and we’ll enable it on your account.
- [Adventures/Cards] Added option to remove URL previews, and remove URLs